IRECCSEM is an Science Foundation Ireland Investigator Project funded to evaluate and further develop geophysical imaging methods, which are
essential for the safe and effective use of subsurface resources. These uses include long-term carbon storage as well as the development of
Read more on the Overview web page.
- Dr. Volker Rath(current PI), School of Cosmic Physics, Geophysics Section, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (DIAS)
- Dr. Brian McConnell, Geological Survey of Ireland (GSI)
- Professor Juanjo Ledo, Department of Geology and Geodynamics, University of Barcelona (UB)
- Dr. Joan Campanya (SFI funded)
- Dr. Xènia Ogaya (DIAS funded)
- Professor Alan G. Jones(former PI), School of Cosmic Physics, Geophysics Section, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (DIAS)
- Geological Survey of Northern Ireland (GSNI)
AREA 2 - Summer 2015: NW Carboniferous Basin (Fermanagh)
- Contact email: Dr. Volker Rath or Prof. Chris Bean
- Dates: Mid July to end of July.
- Field documents: Geophysical Survey in Fermanagh, Motivation letter, Liability insurance certificate, Description of the equipments .
AREA 1 - Summer 2014 : Clare Basin (Co. Clare)
- Contact email: Dr. Joan Campanya
- We would like to thank all the landowners for their support and help during our field campaign!